Join The Team
Scott’s Cheap Flights is the leading cheap flight subscription service. Since 2015 we’ve helped our 1 million+ members around the world make their travel dreams a reality by discovering incredible flight deals to international destinations.
We’re growing rapidly and as we scale we’re adding top-tier talent to help us deliver ever better experiences for our users. We pride ourselves on being an incredible company to work for: the SCF team is fully remote, so you can work from wherever you prefer and we’ll give you the chance to work in a fun company that brings joy to a massive user base on a daily basis.
- Senior Backend Engineer
- Collaborate with other team members to creatively solve problems, ranging from scalability and performance to user interface and experience
- Design and develop REST APIs
- Write reliable tests and review others’ code constructively
- Help scale our app by at least one order of magnitude
- Help foster a culture of creativity and technical excellence in our engineering team
- Proficiency in Ruby and/or Ruby on Rails. We’d like someone who is immediately able to work with or is an outright fan of the Ruby/Ruby on Rails ecosystem
- Strong understanding of performance and scalability, especially when it comes to Ruby/Rails and web applications in general
- Experience writing automated unit tests (integrated/functional test experience is a plus)
- Experience building a web application from scratch and deploying it to production at moderate scale or developing in an early stage production codebase
- Strong Relational Database modeling skills. Can drop down into SQL queries generated by an ORM and troubleshoot
- Incredibly tight communication skills, allowing you to communicate effectively with our fully remote team
- Proven track record of delivering results in a team while working remotely
- Ability to work well in an internationalized codebase
- Ability to make a strong case for a point of view without getting married to it
- Get it done attitude
- Rigor in software engineering best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operation
- BS in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years backend development experience, ideally on a consumer-facing web product
- Bonus points for startup experience – we like folks who are scrappy!
- Salary: Competitive, will be discussed during interview process
- Start date: As soon as possible
- 3 months of part-time or full-time contract work to start to make sure it’s a good fit for both sides. After the first 3 months, this will become a full-time role.
- Subject line: Senior Backend Engineer
- Email content: Treat the email as a cover letter. Do not attach an additional cover letter. Tell us why you’re the right person for this job and how you can contribute to Scott’s Cheap Flights.
- Link: Include a link to your Github profile
- Attachment: Attach your resume to the email
We’re looking for a full-time engineer with a passion for problem-solving to join our growing team. As a Scott’s Cheap Flights Senior Engineer, you’ll be responsible for owning features from start to finish, rapidly shipping, iterating along with our lean team, and constantly creating more value for SCF members.
What You’ll Do:
Compensation, Hours, and Timing:
Email us at [email protected] using the following format. Any applicant that does not follow this format will not be considered: