Flights to Greece in the $400s/$500s roundtrip! (no bag fees)
Awesome deal to Athens and Thessaloniki.
If you’re also interested in checking out some of the Greek Islands you can hop on a quick and cheap flight over for as much as a tank of gas or two. Here are some sample fares: roundtrip to Santorini ($52), Mykonos ($61), Rhodes ($67), or Crete ($67).
Two things to keep in mind if you go the island route:
(1) Most of the flights are on budget airlines like Ryanair with lots of add-on fees that are avoidable, but be sure to familiarize yourself with what they are beforehand so you don’t get stuck with paying more than you wanted.
(2) You don’t have to book your flight to Athens and your flight to a Greek Island at the same time. In fact, I would wait until your flight to Athens is ticketed and confirmed to buy your flight to a Greek Island. The price is unlikely to increase for that short flight and you prevent any chance of the Athens flight not being ticketed.
Note: some routes have a long layover in Amsterdam or Zurich on one side giving you time to explore another place too!
No bag fees, etc.
Boston (BOS) – $570
Chicago (ORD) – $503
Houston (IAH) – $483
Washington DC (BWI) – $498
Washington DC (DCA) – $497
Washington DC (IAD) – $476
Chicago (ORD) – $598
Houston (IAH) – $471
New York City (EWR) – $471
New York City (JFK) – $489
Washington DC (BWI) – $479
Washington DC (DCA) – $479
Washington DC (IAD) – $471
Varies by route. Generally January through April 2018 with additional availability in September 2018 on some routes.
Air France, KLM, Delta, Air Canada (ORD-ATH), or Virgin Atlantic (BOS-ATH)
I think these fares will be gone within a day or two.
To find the cheapest available dates, search in Google Flights using the sample search below.
If the price happens to jump up when you go to book through Google Flights, try searching in Priceline instead. Book here if you prefer to purchase directly from the airline or a major OTA like Orbitz or Priceline.
- These fares could disappear anytime, even within a few hours. If you’ve clicked the sample searches, played around with a few dates, and not seeing fares close to those listed in this email, it likely means they’re gone :-(
- General advice on how/when to find cheap flights
- How to use Google Flights & Momondo
- Should I book via Momondo or nah?
Scott’s Cheap Flights