Flights to Athens in the $400s/$500s roundtrip, or Greek Islands for $40 more!
Solid deal to Athens. :-)
Plus, you can hop over to the Greek Islands from Athens for as much as a tank of gas (or two).
Two things to keep in mind if you go the island route:
(1) Most of the flights are on budget airlines like Ryanair with lots of add-on fees that are avoidable, but be sure to familiarize yourself with what they are beforehand so you don’t get stuck with paying more than you wanted.
(2) You don’t have to book your flight to Athens and your flight to a Greek Island at the same time. In fact, I would wait until your flight to Athens is ticketed and confirmed to buy your flight to a Greek Island. The price is unlikely to increase for that short flight and you prevent any chance of the Athens flight not being ticketed.
No bag fees, etc.
Atlanta (ATL) – $610
Boston (BOS) – $493
Chicago (ORD) – $520
Houston (IAH) – $607
Los Angeles (LAX) – $598
New York City (LGA) – $535
Washington DC (BWI) – $506
Washington DC (DCA) – $504
Washington DC (IAD) – $516
Varies depending on origin. Generally September 2017 through the beginning of May 2018, including Thanksgiving but excluding Xmas/NYE.
Turkish, Swiss, Air Canada, or Lufthansa
I think these fares will last a day or two.
To find the cheapest available dates, search in Google Flights using the sample search below. Book here if you prefer to purchase directly from the airline or a major OTA like Orbitz or Priceline.
- These fares could disappear anytime, even within a few hours. If you’ve clicked the sample searches, played around with a few dates, and not seeing fares close to those listed in this email, it likely means they’re gone :-(
- General advice on how/when to find cheap flights
- How to use Google Flights & Momondo
- Should I book via Momondo or nah?
Scott’s Cheap Flights