*Cities added* roundtrip to Athens in the $500s, or Greek Islands for $50 more!
Some more great fares to Athens! :-)
If like me, you’re About That Island Life, you can hop a quick and cheap flight over to Greek Islands for as much as a tank of gas or two.
Two things to keep in mind if you go the island route:
(1) Most of the flights are on budget airlines like Ryanair with lots of add-on fees that are avoidable, but be sure to familiarize yourself with what they are beforehand so you don’t get stuck with paying more than you wanted.
(2) You don’t have to book your flight to Athens and your flight to a Greek Island at the same time. In fact, I would wait until your flight to Athens is ticketed and confirmed to buy your flight to a Greek Island. The price is unlikely to increase for that short flight and you prevent any chance of the Athens flight not being ticketed.
Note: some routes have a long layover in Amsterdam (and JFK has a layover in Belgrade) on one side giving you time to explore another place too!
No bag fees, etc.
Cincinnati (CVG) – $548
Cleveland (CLE) – $586
Detroit (DTW) – $539
Minneapolis (MSP) – $539
New York City (JFK) – $458
Oakland (OAK) – $592
Portland (PDX) – $548
Salt Lake City (SLC) – $545
San Francisco (SFO) – $587
San Jose (SJC) – $592
Seattle (SEA) – $544
January and February 2018
Air Canada, United, Swiss, Air France, KLM, or Air Serbia (JFK)
I think these fares will last a day or two.
To find the cheapest available dates, search in Google Flights using the sample search below. Book here if you prefer to purchase directly from the airline or a major OTA like Orbitz or Priceline.
- These fares could disappear anytime, even within a few hours. If you’ve clicked the sample searches, played around with a few dates, and not seeing fares close to those listed in this email, it likely means they’re gone :-(
- General advice on how/when to find cheap flights
- How to use Google Flights & Momondo
- Should I book via Momondo or nah?
Scott’s Cheap Flights