As Senior People Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the People/HR function at Scott's Cheap Flights. This includes performance management, learning and development, DEI, team retreats, succession planning, payroll and PEO management, HR laws and regulations, total rewards, and generally working to improve the company culture and employee experience each and every day. You will work to build relationships of trust and respect with everyone at the company as we scale from 35 to 100+ employees. You will report to the Head of Operations.
In the short term, you will:
- Meet with everyone at the company to learn about the SCF company culture and identify our areas of strength and our areas of improvement
- Own and iterate on our performance management program to ensure every employee is receiving the necessary feedback to continue leveling up and progressing in their career
- Manage and iterate on our onboarding program for all new hires
- Manage our relationship with the PEO and maintain compliance as we have employees in 24 states (and likely more to come)!
- Complete an HR audit and employee engagement survey and use this to build a 6 month plan for the People Operations function
- Develop and track success metrics for the People Operations function
In the long term, you will:
- Develop both a promotion and compensation philosophy, updating our current structure and driving transparency within these facets of the organization
- Work with the Senior Recruiter to develop an employer branding strategy that ensures Scott's Cheap Flights is recognized as go-to organization for leaders and staff
- Establish a culture of feedback through performance management and a culture of continual improvement through learning and development initiatives
- Ensure SCF is an inclusive and diverse place to work where everyone can be themselves and thrive as we work towards our long-term vision
What you bring to the table:
- HR Business Partner: You have at least five years of demonstrated success in a generalist HR position working across all facets of People Operations to support employees, ideally in a tech-driven, distributed environment.
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion: You make every decision through an inclusive & equitable lens and believe in and advocate for DEI initiatives to ensure that all employees, no matter their background, are welcome and can thrive at SCF.
- Data Driven: You love data analysis and hypothesis-driven experimentation, unafraid to think outside of the box and do things differently.
- Performance Management: You have experience building out performance management systems and tools that directly contribute to higher employee engagement and achievement of company goals.
- Remote Culture: You understand what it takes to build an amazing company culture so well that you can do it without everyone being in the same location.
- Total Rewards: You understand compensation banding and total rewards and ensure all of our employees are compensated fairly and competitively.
- Legal & Compliance: You're an HR expert, especially in a remote environment, and can ensure that SCF is compliant with all HR laws.
- Learning & Development: You understand the value of continual learning and have experience building L&D resources for employees.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to jump between high level strategy and tactical execution
- Experience working with a company as it grows quickly
- Experience working remotely
- Ability to manage sensitive personnel situations while maintaining discretion & confidentiality
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States and plan to work full-time in the United States
Nice to have's:
- Advanced HR certification(s)
- Experience working with a B2C company
Why you might love working here:
- 100% remote work environment, so go ahead and bring your dog to work or wear your PJ's to the office!
- Open vacation policy, with a 3 week minimum!
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) with a 5% match
- Up to 12-weeks of paid family leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Continuing education & development reimbursement
- Yearly team retreat (In 2019, we went to Riviera Maya. Last year, we had a daily costume contest and went virtual!)
- Challenging problems to solve and an awesome team to collaborate with every single day
We want you to bring your authentic self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to ancestry; age; appearance; color; gender identity and/or expression; genetics; family or parental status; marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status; mental, physical, or sensory disability; national, social or ethnic origin; past or present military service; sexual orientation; socioeconomic status; race; religion or belief.
If you require a reasonable accommodation or assistance for any part of the interview and employment process, please contact us at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request.