As Head of Product, you will be responsible for building, growing, scaling, and managing a team of product and design experts. You will be developing processes and standards for the product management discipline while aligning and collaborating across all functions. Additionally, you will ensure that we are always shipping an engaging, delightful, simple, and high-impact product that empowers millions of people to never overpay for flights again. You will be a part of the Scott's Cheap Flights Leadership Team and will report directly to the CEO.
In the short term, you will:
- Learn by doing - leading a pillar, product, and/or project while scaling the team
- Build and lead a world-class Product organization that demonstrates an exceptional drive for growth, member obsession, and the long term vision for product
- Establish a regular cadence of facilitating product research by meeting with potential members and active members to better identify and understand their needs, desires, and the overall potential of our target markets
- Gather and prioritize requirements from members and internal stakeholders to build, iterate, and own the product roadmap for Scott's Cheap Flights
In the long term, you will:
- Develop compelling, engaging, and revenue-generating products, services, and processes
- Own the product vision: leading the product roadmap, working closely with leadership, and articulating the product strategy to the entire organization
- Exhibit a deep knowledge of our member personas, airfare & travel, target markets, competitors, and industry trends
- Act as a brand evangelist and thought leader for Scott's Cheap Flights both internally and externally
What you bring to the table:
- Track Record of Growth: You have a proven track record of significantly scaling a growth-stage B2C company while being strategic, organized, and a systematic thinker with high-standards. You deliver products quickly and iterate often.
- Innovation: You have a track record of not only optimizing existing product lines, but building new, revenue-generating product lines from the ground-up that drive the business forward.
- Product Execution: You have experience in every stage of the product cycle - planning, discovery, development, and analysis - and function while leading multiple projects and products within each stage, at the same time.
- Team Leadership + Management: You have at least five years of experience leading highly capable product teams, with demonstrated success hiring, developing, and mentoring a team of product managers and product designers, ideally in a distributed environment.
- Leadership Team Experience: You have previous experience as a member of a leadership team, driving strategic decisions and collaborating cross-functionally. You understand the need for healthy debate and thrive in a feedback-driven environment.
- Data Driven: You are obsessed with data analysis and hypothesis-driven experimentation.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortability with ambiguity
- Ability to prioritize tasks and multiple complex projects simultaneously
- An interest in getting your hands dirty and functioning as a player/coach as the team grows
- Ability to travel once per quarter for leadership on-sites and twice a year for team meetings
- Impeccable ability to effectively collaborate in a highly cross-functional environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States and plan to work full-time in the United States
Nice to have's:
- Mobile experience, strongly preferred
- Deep understanding of growth loops
- Experience working within the travel industry
- Remote work experience
Why you might love working here:
- 100% remote work environment, so go ahead and bring your dog to work or wear your PJ's to the office!
- Open vacation policy, with a 3 week minimum!
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) with a 5% match
- Up to 12-weeks of paid family leave
- Meetup meals when you cross paths with a co-worker
- Continuing education & development reimbursement
- Yearly team retreat (this year we went to Riviera Maya!)
- Challenging problems to solve and an awesome team to collaborate with every single day
We want you to bring your authentic self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to age; appearance; color; gender identity and/or expression; genetics; family or parental status; marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status; mental, physical, or sensory disability; national, social or ethnic origin; past or present military service; sexual orientation; socioeconomic status; race; religion or belief.