As a Manager on the Customer Advocacy team at Scott’s Cheap Flights, you will have the privilege of leading a group of enthusiastic, high-energy Customer Advocates. Reporting directly to the Head of Member Services, you will be responsible for growing and developing our team members, overseeing high-impact, customer-facing initiatives, and ensuring that exceptional customer support remains a differentiator for our business.
In the short term, you'll:
- Work directly with our current Customer Advocates to level up their skills. You’ll regularly and rigorously review their work and provide high-quality feedback to help them improve.
- Build new processes and procedures that improve customer support quality and efficiency. This includes owning and regularly reporting on customer support-related data.
- Work with the Head of Member Services to launch new customer-facing initiatives, including mobile app support and user generated content management.
- Work cross-functionally to deliver product insights to our Flight and Product teams.
- Oversee major operational and customer-facing initiatives, including the overhaul of our internal knowledge base and help center.
In the long term, you'll:
- Continue investing in the growth and development of your direct reports, and help them move forward on their career journeys.
- Take ownership of new customer support-related initiatives.
- Enhance cross-functional feedback loops between Customer Advocacy and other SCF teams.
What you bring to the table:
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal.
- At least 5 years of experience working in B2C customer support or a related field, in a tech environment.
- At least 3 years of people management experience.
- Proven track record of developing talent. You have a growth mindset, and are exceptionally effective at coaching the people who report to you.
- An ownership mentality. You show a bias to action, take a high degree of responsibility for initiatives you’re involved in, and learn from mistakes.
- Agility. You embrace change and adapt to it quickly.
- Creativity. You like to experiment with new ways to delight customers.
- Strategic thinking. You know how to design initiatives thoughtfully, measure success, and iterate as-needed.
- Experience managing customer support-related data.
- Experience working cross-functionally to deliver product insights that improve the customer experience.
- Experience managing internal and/or external knowledge bases.
- Experience working with customers in a variety of channels (email, live chat, social media, etc.).
- Remote work experience. This role is US-based, and you may work from any U.S. time zone, but must be available during regular business hours in that time zone.
- A passion for travel.
- Eligibility to work in the US.
- Experience working in the travel tech industry.
- Experience managing team members at different experience levels.
About Scott's Cheap Flights:
Scott’s Cheap Flights is on a mission to help people travel and experience the world. We’re so much more than crusaders for cheap flights, and our numbers prove it:
- 1.6 million members and growing quickly
- 100% avg. year over year revenue growth
- 263,009 miles traveled by our most prolific members
- 40+ proposals (that we know of) on trips purchased by members
- Countless memories and stories created
If “to travel is to live” resonates with you and you think there might be a mutual fit, we’d love to hear from you!