As Creative Director, you will be responsible for leading the consistency, direction, and scalability of the brand while mentoring a Senior Visual Designer. You will be supporting our growth, retention, and brand goals by increasing the volume of our creative output and ensuring our creative strategy is best-in-class. You will report directly to the Head of Marketing.
In the short term, you will:
- Be an expert on our member personas, business performance metrics, brand standards, marketing campaign strategy, competitive landscape, and Scott's Cheap Flights offerings
- Translate marketing and product objectives in to clear creative strategies and executable projects
- Own marketing communications processes: templates, timelines, briefs, rush requests, tooling, and reporting.
- Guide the creation of style guides and supporting assets
In the long term, you will:
- Lead the creative process from concept to completion
- Elevate our brand identity using data and design standards for defensibility and scale
- Hire, mentor, and lead a team of high-performing visual designers supporting their development and growth
What you bring to the table:
- Track Record of Design Leadership: You have a proven track record of significantly scaling the brand of a growth-stage B2C company while being strategic, organized, creative and a systematic thinker with high-standards.
- Member-Focused Design Skills: You put the member and your "customer" first when making design decisions and are able to consolidate multiple perspective in to a single design.
- Design Style: You're informed by generally accepted design principals, best practices, and trends; however, you bring a distinct point of view that makes your work stand out and perform.
- Team Leadership + Management: You have at least three years of experience leading highly capable designers, with demonstrated success hiring, developing, and mentoring a team, ideally in a distributed environment.
- Marketing Leadership Experience: You understand the key accountabilities that it takes to be a member of a leadership team, driving strategic decisions and collaborating cross-functionally. You understand the need for healthy debate and thrive in a feedback-driven environment.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- A strong ability to multi-task as both an individual contributor and a people leader
- Experience owning the creative direction for a B2C brand
- Proven experience collaborating with a highly cross-functional team
- Ability to prioritize tasks and multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Excellent project management skills
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States and plan to work full-time in the United States
Nice to have's:
- Experience working in the travel industry
- Agency experience
- B2B/Ad experience on a two-sided business
- Experience working in a startup environment, strongly preferred
- Remote work experience
Why you might love working here:
- 100% remote work environment, so go ahead and bring your dog to work or wear your PJ's to the office!
- Open vacation policy, with a 3 week minimum!
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) with a 5% match
- Up to 12-weeks of paid family leave
- Meetup meals when you cross paths with a co-worker
- Continuing education & development reimbursement
- Yearly team retreat (this year we went to Riviera Maya!)
- Challenging problems to solve and an awesome team to collaborate with every single day
We want you to bring your authentic self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to age; appearance; color; gender identity and/or expression; genetics; family or parental status; marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status; mental, physical, or sensory disability; national, social or ethnic origin; past or present military service; sexual orientation; socioeconomic status; race; religion or belief.